[packman] Broken GCompris package OpenSuSe 11 64 bit

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Aug 31 13:39:56 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 31 August 2008 schrieb Peter McCrackan:
> Hi I have run into this problem when setitng up a computer for my son
> using OpenSuSe 11 64 bit.
> I have installeed GCompris using YAST so hopefully this is the right
> place to send this information.
>
> There is an error generated when starting GCompris, this is the
> error: Couldn't find or load the file skins/gartoon/bar_bg.jpg this
> activity is incomplete. Exit and report the problem to the authors.
> OK.
>
> I have contacted the Author (Bruno) and he asked me to run GCompris
> from Terminal to see other errors which I did as pasted in below, his
> comments are that there is an error in the packaging.
>
> > Hi , here you are:
> >
> > pete at linux-wx2p:~/Desktop> gcompris
> > XF86VidMode: Compiled with XF86VidMode.
> > If you have problems starting GCompris in fullscreen, try the -x
> > option to disable XF86VidMode.
> >
> > ** (process:7952): WARNING **: Binary relocation disabled
> >
> > ** (process:7952): WARNING **: exec_prefix NONE
> >
> > package_data_dir         = /usr//usr/share/gcompris/boards
> > package_locale_dir       = /usr//usr/share/locale
> > package_plugin_dir       = /usr//usr/lib64/gcompris
> > package_python_plugin_dir= /usr//usr/share/gcompris/python
>
> This show evidence of the problem. Pathes should be /usr not /usr/usr
> This is ugly but you may create a link /usr/usr -> /usr
> As root:
> cd /usr
> ln -s /usr usr
>
> Do you found how to contact the packager, it is up to him to fix
> this.

That's a old bug in gcompris-8.4.6-0.pm.10, I've fixed it with
gcompris-8.4.6-0.pm.11 three weeks ago. Make sure you have installed
the new package and remove the old settings "~/.config/gcompris" and
"~/My Gcompris".

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/