[packman] [PM] xine-lib 1.1.11.1 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Lee Matheson lee at matheson.net
Sun Apr 13 09:30:30 CEST 2008

Some users on http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de noted that
libxine1-1.1.11.1-0.pm.1 is not supporting .mkv files.

Rather than provide "error" messages, I note that this problem was
confirmed with a test with the files from this site:
http://www.matroska.org/samples/index.html

File from that site can be played to confirm ( ? ) the problem (assuming
all of us who are attempting this have not done the same
misconfiguration).

These .mkv files also play with vlc and mplayer, and we believe this
confirms the files are ok, and the problem lies with the xine player (or
a library it uses).

Please, could you help look into this problem?

The thread where we were discussed this problem is here:
http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/index.php?showtopic=66007

[It took us a while to focus on the xine engine].

Lee
aka oldcpu