[packman] Re: MP3 files in banshee (OpenSUSE 10.3)?

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Oct 16 20:42:23 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 schrieb Andrés G. Aragoneses:
> Toni escribió:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Thanks! I have done that, and I still cannot get Banshee+mp3 file to
> >> work.
> >>
> >> When launching Banshee from a command line, I get this:
> >>
> >> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
> >> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
> >>
> >> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
> >> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
> >>
> >> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
> >> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
> >>
> >> (Banshee:17739): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_parse_bin_from_description:
> >> assertion `bin_description != NULL' failed
> >>
> >> Any ideas now? I think I'm really near now.
> >>
> >> More info:
> >>
> >> knocte at ulises:~/Desktop> rpm -qa | grep banshee
> >> banshee-plugins-extra-0.13.1-28
> >> banshee-plugins-DAAP-0.13.1-28
> >> banshee-0.13.1-28
> >> banshee-plugins-default-0.13.1-28
> >> banshee-engine-gst-0.13.1-28
> >>
> >> knocte at ulises:~/Desktop> rpm -qa | grep oil
> >> gstreamer010-plugins-base-oil-0.10.14-0.pm.2
> >> liboil-0.3.12-0.pm.2
> >
> > if I look at your installed gstreamer010-* packages, I would propose as a
> > first step to update them to the newest available packages.
> > e.g. gstreamer010-plugins-ugly is available as 0.10.6 and you have 0.10.5
> > installed. I don't know which installer you use, but check all
> > gstreamer010 packman-packages and update them.
>
> Fixed, but still same problem.
>
> I'm using the brand new Yast-Gtk for this. How can I upgrade all
> packages that have an update available?
>
> > you could also try another player to check if it is a banshee related
> > problem. exaile, elisa or christine use all gstreamer010 as backend. If
> > they are able
>
> Hugh, I'm not allowed to install christine surprisingly (it does not
> resolve all dependencies, and Yast-Gtk cannot tell me which ones... :( ).
oops, christine has only small dependencies:
Requires:		gstreamer010
Requires:		gstreamer010-plugins-base
Requires:		gstreamer010-plugins-base-oil
Requires:		gstreamer010-plugins-good
Requires:		gstreamer010-plugins-ugly
Requires:		glib2
Requires:		gtk2 >= 2.10
Requires:		python >= %{py_ver}
Requires:		python-gstreamer010
Requires:		python-gtk
Requires:		python-mutagen
Requires:		python-notify
Requires:		readline
Requires:		termcap

and I could bet all those packages are already installed on your system. So
try to download the christine package from our website and do a manual
install with
rpm -Uhv
http://packman.links2linux.de/download/christine/86115/christine-0.1.1-0.pm.1.i586.rpm
or
rpm -Uhv christine-0.1.1-0.pm.1.i586.rpm

> If I try to install elisa, it warns me about needing
> gstreamer010-plugins-bad (changing the vendor or not installing elisa).
> After choosing to change the vendor, it tells me I have to uninstall:
>
> gstreamer010-devel
> gstreamer010-plugins-good
> gstreamer010-plugins-ugly
> gstreamer010-fluendo-mpegmux
> gstreamer010-fluendo-mpegdemux
> gstreamer010-plugins-base
> gstreamer010-fluendo-mp3
> gstreamer010-ffmpeg
>
> I don't understand! I will try removing them... but I guess this is not
> the solution... Any sould that enlightens me?
don't remove packages ...

as a summary:
as I don't use YaST for installation I can't help you in this topic.

perhaps you come to our IRC-channel:
Internet Relay Chat (IRC): #packman on irc.freenode.net

and we try to help you to install the necessary packages.

> Regards,
>
> 	Andrés	[ knocte ]
have fun
Toni