[packman] Re: [PM] transcode 1.0.4 (openSUSE 10.3/ppc)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Oct 16 20:06:07 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 schrieb David Bolt:
> While you don't build this package for the PPC, I've taken the source

This may change in future, I've managed to reanimate my old PowerBook
and I've managed to install openSUSE 10.3.
And you also can take a look at ftp://spike.fa.gau.hu/pub/pmppc103/
Peter Czanik provides Packman packages for PPC there.

> RPM and attempted to build it. While the compilation worked, after
> building the packages it depends on, transcode fails when checking
> for installed/packages files.
>
> The error is caused by the fact that on the PPC filter_tomsmocomp.ls
> and filter_tomsmocomp.so aren't built. However, the spec file shows
> them as being present for all architectures except x86_64, amd64,
> ia32e.
>
> To fix this build problem, I patched the spec file with the attached
> diff and successfully rebuilt the package.

Thanks, I'll add your changes for the next build.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/