[packman] [PM] MPlayer 1.0rc1try3 (openSUSE 10.3/i586

Henne Vogelsang hvogel at hennevogel.de
Tue Oct 9 17:39:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sunday, October 07, 2007 at 11:53:27, Igor Jagec wrote:

> On Ned, 2007-10-07 at 10:51 +0200, kriko friko wrote:
>
> > If you can, with svn version, rewind / forward in flv files, then we
> > definitely need rpm with svn version of mplayer :)
>
> You can try it yourself ;)
>
> > On opensuse 10.1 I was using svn versions of mplayer for a long time,
> > never had stability problems
>
> Me neither. I've compiled it to /opt and I haven't experienced one issue
> so far. Of course, I also have Packman's MPlayer package installed on my
> system so I noticed the issue about .flv files.
>
> > - seem like a very
> > mature project to me, so it would be safe to have a rpm with svn. We
> > need to hear what Henne thinks about it.
>
> I can totally agree to that, but let's hear a voice of our favorite
> packager and what he thinks about that ;)

Im not switching to svn for mplayer sorry. There is a reason for stable
releases (even if they are slow) and svn of mplayer is a pretty fast
moving target. I have other things to do :)

And btw: i can move around in flv files and play files with mp3 sound
fine with RC2 which i just released.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang,      http://hennevogel.de