[packman] ppc rpms

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Tue Oct 9 10:29:32 CEST 2007

Hello,
Please see ftp://spike.fa.gau.hu/pub/pmppc103/ xine/vlc/mplayer are
already there, just as some other multimedia packages. Note, that many
packages do not build on PPC due to lack of good Java, broken sources or
makefiles, including some base libraries. For 10.2 I started to collect
reasons, there are many, please see:
http://wiki.links2linux.de/en/index.php/Packman:PPC
Now I follow the strategy, that I compile a set of base packages for
multimedia and try to add, if anybody misses a package. This is how
'mpd' and some of its clients were added. I also try to test each
package before uploading, which is just impossible when dealing with too
many packages.
Bye,
CzP