[packman] SCIENCE APPS

Quentin Denis quentin.denis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:30:36 CET 2007

Am Freitag, 16. November 2007 15:09:38 schrieb Christian Herenz:
> Peter Czanik wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Jose Benitez wrote:
> >> half. if possible, I would like you make up-to-date suse rpm
> >> packages for qtiplot, scidavis, rlplot, saga gis, qgis, grass gis,
> >> labplot, and some other science tools.
> >
> > You should take a look at the openSUSE buildservice. For example GIS
> > applications are available at this URL:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_10.3/
> > some science applications here:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_10.3/ etc.
> > Bye,
> > CzP
>
> And, there is already a qtiPlot Package at Packman, maintained by
> Quentin Dennis: http://packman.links2linux.de/package/qtiplot
> However, there is a new version out for some days...
> http://soft.proindependent.com/news.html
> But, I noticed that newer versions of QtiPlot have difficulties with
> files created by older versions, so be carefull on that!
> Greetz,
> Chris

Hello Jose,

In fact, I am building qtiplot for a long time, but it is really a nightmare.
You should give a try at scidavis, it's a fork of qtiplot with the major part
of the old devel-team (I think Ion is now left alone with qtiplot).
Scidavis is available for 10.3 x86, the 64bit will follow as soon as some
compile problems are fixed.

Regards,
Quentin