[packman] MPlayer and GNOME issue

Igor Jagec jagec.igor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:28:14 CET 2007

Hi there!

I noticed that if I want to open a movie with MPlayer from Nautilus,
only MPlayer (gmplayer) will be opened, but not the movie. But I've just
figured how to solve the problem, I've replaced the following line in
the /usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop file:

Exec=gmplayer %U

with that:

Exec=gmplayer

The distro is openSUSE 10.3 with GNOME 2.20, and the package is
MPlayer-1.0rc2-1.pm.1.i586. It would be very nice if you enable Stop
XScreenSaver option by default because gnome-screensaver starts running
otherwise.

Cheers!

--
Igor Jagec