[packman] cinelerra-2.1.cv1036-0.pm.2 still provides a dead link -- missing dependency

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Sat Nov 10 10:42:08 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm writing to you again about this because my impression is you're the
maintainer of cinelerra, please tell me me if I'm mistaken. I just updated
cinelerra via yast to cinelerra-2.1.cv1036-0.pm.2 and get this:

$ cinelerra
Cinelerra 2.1CV  SVN r1036 Packman build (C) 2006 Heroine Virtual Ltd.
Internal ffmpeg
Compiled on Thu Nov  8 22:00:48 UTC 2007

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
FileSystem::update /usr/lib/cinelerra/mpeg2enc.plugin: No such file or
directory
MWindow::init_plugins: couldn't open /usr/lib/cinelerra directory

$ l /usr/lib/cinelerra
[about 200 files from 1080to540.la to zoomblur.so]

$ rpm -ql cinelerra | grep mpeg2enc.plugin
/usr/lib/cinelerra/mpeg2enc.plugin

$ l /usr/lib/cinelerra/mpeg2enc.plugin
/usr/lib/cinelerra/mpeg2enc.plugin -> ../../bin/mpeg2enc

$ l /usr/lib/cinelerra/../../bin/mpeg2enc
No such file or directory

cinelerra starts up, I can load media files and place them in the timeline.
There are index thumbs and the composer shows the correct still frame but
there is no "moving" playback. When I hit stop the composer's still frame
changes to current position. What am I missing? Or rather: What's the
cinelerra package missing?

Thanks, Wolfgang