[packman] Packman security policy questions

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat Nov 3 09:02:15 CET 2007

Am Samstag, 3. November 2007 schrieb Aniruddha:
> I am planning to support openSUSE 10.3 for both companies an home users.
> I have found the Packman repository irreplaceable to get openSUSE
> working in all it's glory. Thank you for that.
>
> Now on with the more serious questions. My basic question is; I do trust
> you guys, but how good are your security policies? Is the original
> source checked for signs of malware? What is your policy for security
> fixes? Who monitors them? What is the maximum response time if a
> vulnerability is discovered? Thanks in advance.
oh, you want to donate and pay us for our spare time, so we can think
about "security policies" and "levels of services", and especially
response-times for you. I'm thinking of a "special service level", what do
you think about 1-2 hours as response time? Is this quick enough for you?
Ant we need more staff to monitor your wishes, and of course more hardware to
create and maintain databases for such issues...

If you want to be sure, please don't use our packages...
That's great! Awesome, best question ever heard....

Thx, you made my day :)