[packman] Re: [PM] ardour2 2.0 (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat May 5 22:44:52 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 6. Mai 2007 schrieb Terje J. Hanssen:
> Hello,
>
> I just wonder if this might be a built problem or something known you've
> experienced?
<snip>

> At last I also tried to install the previous Ardour version
> * ardour-0.99.3-0.pm.2
>
> Neither this one would start.
>
> Any ideas?

==>
ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in
/root/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/lib/ardour2/surfaces/

are you running this program as root ?

And it seems your jack-setup is not correct, so check firstyour jack setup.
Perhaps you use qjackctl to launch and configure jack.

And start jackd as user, not as root.

have a look here:
http://lau.linuxaudio.org/jack/

have fun