[packman] Re: [PM] last-exit 4.0 (openSUSE 10.2/x86_64)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Thu Mar 29 17:16:30 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 29. März 2007 schrieb Morgan Brassel:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed last-exit from packman repo on opensuse 10.2 (through
> smart package manager), and I fail to have it launch. I get the
>
> following error message:
> > last-exit
>
> Starting new Last Exit server
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: libX11.so
>   at (wrapper managed-to-native) NotificationArea:XInternAtom
> (intptr,string,bool)
>   at NotificationArea.OnRealized () [0x00000]
>   at Gtk.Widget.realized_cb (IntPtr widget) [0x00000]
>   at (wrapper native-to-managed) Gtk.Widget:realized_cb (intptr)
>   at <0x00000> <unknown method>
>   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Widget:gtk_widget_show_all (intptr)
>   at Gtk.Widget.ShowAll () [0x00000]
>   at LastExit.TrayIcon..ctor (Gtk.Window window) [0x00000]
>   at LastExit.PlayerWindow..ctor () [0x00000]
>   at LastExit.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
>
> Has this already been reported? Is there a workaround?
this looks like an *-sharp2 error.

please post the output from:
rpm -q gconf-sharp2  glade-sharp2 glib-sharp2 gnome-sharp2 mono-web

if mono-web is not installed, install it and check again (in this case I
forgot the require-statement for mono-web).

> I also have a question about last-exit dependencies: in the packman
> repo, the last-exit package for i586 depends on gstreamer-plugins-ugly,
> whereas the same package for x86_64 depends on gstreamer-plugins-good.
> Is there a particular reason for this?
this is a "feature" (also known as bug) from our helper-script to upload the
packages to the server and automatic generating/wiritng the website-entry.
The deps listed there, are deps to other packman packages. And depending of
the upload time of the other packages, the scipt adds them or doesn't add
them. So this information is often worthless or incomplete. Believe in your
package-manager, not in the listed deps there.

> Thanks for your answers
> Morgan
have fun
Toni