[packman] [PM] opal 2.2.6 (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Patrick Martin bdrline07 at socal.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 03:41:06 CET 2007

Good evening (at least that the time here in SoCal);

I've got a question for you.  I see you're the 'packager' for opal and
pwlib @ Packman:

    http://packman.links2linux.org/package/opal/23208
                                      opal-2.2.6-0.pm.0.i586.rpm
    http://packman.links2linux.org/package/pwlib/23202
                                      pwlib-1.10.5-0.pm.0.i586.rpm

Did we mysteriously change version # sequence on these pieces?  Reason I
ask, I believe my Smart Package Manager choked on me, and when I have
the Packman channel turned on, with both these pieces it will put me
thru an upgrade/downgrade sequence, , repeatedly.  But my SPM problem
seems something much different, and there is already a post @
http://tracker.labix.org/issue290 regarding this issue...

But what I'm looking at for *installed* pieces of both items above, is:

    opal  2.3.1-30
    pwlib  1.11.1-27

So disregarding my SPM whine, how did we work backwards (if that's
actually what happened) on version numbers on these pieces?

Even stranger, I run openSuse 10.2 i586 on a desktop and laptop.  Most
everything is same version between the two, my laptop is a clean install
of openSuse 10.2 i586 whereas my desktop has been thru an upgrade cycle
going back to 10.0.  On laptop I didn't run into the repeat SPM
upgrade/downgrade cycle...  On desktop I just upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2
a few weeks back...

I've got no time to really delve into the inner-working pieces right
now, absolutely buried at work and it seems to take me a few hours of
quiet time at home to unwind from a work day.

But was just curious about the sequence of version numbers on the two
above pieces.

Thanks,

-Pat

--