[packman] Fwd: Re: [PM] ogre 1.4.2 (openSUSE 10.0/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Jun 29 12:31:06 CEST 2007

Betreff: Re: [PM] ogre 1.4.2 (openSUSE 10.0/i586)
Datum: Freitag, 29. Juni 2007
Von: Toni <toni at links2linux.de>
An: "Sven Droll" <sven.droll at googlemail.com>

Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2007 schrieb:
> Hi Toni,
> the new packages are working fine :o)
> In first test the demos do not find some resources.cfg, but I will
> solve this tomorrow on my computer :o)

from the description of the package:
%description demos
OGRE (Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine) is a
scene-oriented, flexible 3D engine written in C++ designed to
make it easier and more intuitive for developers to produce
applications utilising hardware-accelerated 3D graphics.

The class library abstracts all the details of using the
underlying system libraries like Direct3D and OpenGL and
provides an interface based on world objects and other
intuitive classes.

This package contains demo applications:
Ogre-Bezier, Ogre-Crowd, Ogre-EnvMapping, Ogre-Instancing,
Ogre-Shadows, Ogre-Smoke, Ogre-Water, Ogre-BSP,
Ogre-CubeMapping, Ogre-FacialAnimation, Ogre-Lighting,
Ogre-SkeletalAnimation, Ogre-Terrain, Ogre-CameraTrack,
Ogre-DeferredShading, Ogre-Fresnel, Ogre-OceanDemo, Ogre-SkyBox,
Ogre-TextureFX, Ogre-Dot3Bump, Ogre-Grass, Ogre-ParticleFX,
Ogre-SkyDome, Ogre-Transparency, Ogre-Compositor, Ogre-DynTex,
Ogre-Gui, Ogre-RenderToTexture, Ogre-SkyPlane, Ogre-VolumeTex

NOTE: to run the demos Ogre-*, copy all cfg files from
/usr/share/ogre/Samples to a user-writable directory.

I was too lazy to create wrapper scripts for all those demos to do a local
setup and copy the cfg files to a writable directory ...

And thanks for feedback !

> Many thanks for your efforts
> and greetings from Würzburg, Germany
> Sven
have fun
Toni

p.s. man spricht auch deutsch, Grüsse aus Wiesbaden :)