[packman] PackMan Assistance

Marcus Rueckert darix at web.de
Sun Jun 24 20:00:03 CEST 2007

On 2007-06-22 16:24:03 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> I've always enjoyed your PackMan repository. I've also noticed that
> (Open)SuSE seems to neglect the Asterisk packages. 10.1 I don't
> believe there ever was an update even on the remaster, if I am not
> mistaken. 10.2 there have been no updates yet, Asterisk 1.2.16,1.2.17
> address security issues. Also with the release of 1.4.x I think those
> should be offered as well.

first of all there _were_ security updates for asterisk. it were just
not version upgrades but backports of the needed fixes.

e.g.
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-security-announce/2007-06/msg00000.html

> I am volunteering to maintain Asterisk, Zaptel, Libpri and related
> packages for Packman.

why duplicate the effort that is already done in the opensuse
buildservice telephony project?!

http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/telephony/

with kind regards

    darix