[packman] pm version numbers fall behind opensuse repoistory versions for some applications...

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Wed Jun 6 20:11:15 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2007 12:28 schrieb Simon Lewis:

> For some applications (see list below) the packman version numbers
> are lower than the opensuse version numbers. Thus on selecting
> "upgrade to latest version" from the Yast package manager right mouse
> sub-menu "all items in this list", the opensuse version is installed
> and not the latest packman version.

We build packages against SUSE releases, not against additional
repositories. It makes no sense to recomipile our packages, when ever
there is a new build on the build server or any other repository. And
we do not want to make our packages depending on build server packages,
like kade 3.5.7, otherwise everyone has to update KDE, just to use our
packages.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/