[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (SuSE 10.1/i686)

Fred Boles fdboles at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 22:49:24 CET 2007

Thank you so much for making the ffmpeg tools available to SuSE through
Packman.  I have been using these tools for several months to process
video files and have found nothing that compares to the capabilities
provided by ffmpeg.  Thank you also to Packman for such a wonderful
add-on repository.  I've found many useful tools for my OpenSuSE desktop
environment as a result of adding this repository to my YaST
installation source configuration.

I recently installed MythTV via this repository to try my hand at
recording from live TV and setting up a small Tivo-like box.  When
installing these packages, I updated ffmpeg to the latest available
package and have begun receiving the following error message any time I
use ffmpeg.

ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavformat.so.51: undefined
symbol: dlopen

Have you received any other reports of this error?  Have I missed a
dependency?  Is this something that will be corrected and reposted at
Packman?  Can you provide hints to a solution or work-around for this
error?  I can download the sources and build the package if necessary,
but would like to avoid that if possible.

I am using SuSE 10.1 on an AMD Athlon machine if this information helps.

Thank you so much for your help.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.