[packman] MyMediaSystem worth beeing added to packman (?)

Roman Müllenschläder mms at prodeia.de
Fri Feb 23 10:06:44 CET 2007

Hi there!

What about a suggestion ;)

For over 4 years now, I'm working with a project named MMS (My Media System
fka. MpegMenuSystem - www.mymediasystem.com).

This nice piece of software fullfills all needs for a MediaCenter, is
easy to configure and supports a whole lotta configurations. From
Hardware-Mpeg like DXR3 or FullFeatured-DVB, over SDL and X on to VgaGL with
svgalib. It uses xine, alsaplayer or gstreamer for audio, xine (cxfe),
mplayer or dxr3player for video and supports pictures, games and TV.

TV for instance works fine with Tvtime or xine. Even usage of VDR (greatest
TV-Software ever ;) together with xineliboutput-plugin and vdr-sxfe works
well!

As I plan to upload MMS to official repositories of debian/*buntu, there is a
edgy test-deb available at
www.prodeia.de/mms
and for Sid it's on Marillat's www.debian-multimedia.org in sid and unstable.

Even the deb-sources are downloadable from www.prodeia.de/mms so there should
be no problem in compiling own debs.

I guess a month more and we have it officially in the repositories!

Maybe you want to have a look?

Homepage:
www.mymediasystem.com

Forum & Wiki:
mms.kicks-ass.org

My question to this list now is ... guess what ;)

I just wanted to ask, if packman is interested in packaging MMS for Suse or
Fedora!, too!?

Have a look at MMS ... it's worth it.

Current stable is 1.0.8.1, coming (next week probably) is 1.0.8.2, 1.0.9 will
not wait to long cause way has to be free to head for 1.1.0 which gives
plugin support then.

Any questions? Just ask ..

Lg
Roman