[packman] Re: OpenSUSE BuildService?

Marc Schiffbauer marc at schiffbauer.net
Wed Aug 22 01:03:13 CEST 2007

* Quentin Denis schrieb am 21.08.07 um 11:01 Uhr:
> Am Dienstag, 21. August 2007 09:42:37 schrieb Andrés G. Aragoneses [ knocte ]:
> > Bernhard Walle escribió:
> > > * "Andrés G. Aragoneses [ knocte ]" <knocte at gmail.com> [2007-08-21 08:57]:
> > >
> > > Currently, no. We evaluated the OBS, but it would be too much work to
> > > adapt it to our needs (upload to the packman server, own web
> > > interface).
> > >
> > > But does it matter for the user?
> >
> > Yes, if using OBS means:
> >
> > - More distros targeted although less maintenance.
> that's not true! IMHO it is still much easier to build the packages by myself
> (locally)  than to wait for the BS.
> More distros is not true either! We do provide some Fedora packages and we
> could supported more distros but Packman aims to support SUSE and no other
> one.

Packman was never ment to be for SuSE only. Its a fact that nowadays
most packmans are building for SuSE and thats why we have many SuSE
packages. More people building packages for other distros would be very
welcome...

-Marc
--
BUGS My programs  never  have  bugs.  They  just  develop  random
     features.  If you discover such a feature and you want it to