[packman] Re: [PM] wxWidgets 2.8.3 (openSUSE 10.2/x86_64)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Apr 13 12:47:16 CEST 2007

Am Freitag, 13. April 2007 schrieb Michael Gerdau:
> Hi Toni,
>
> I'd like to propose the attached patch to the specfile.
>
> The libs in the contrib subdir are required to build e.g.
> pgadmin3-1.6.3
ok, so I'll provide a new package with the contribs.

> As a sidenote:
> The patch that renames wx-config to wx-config-2.8 (to avoid the
> conflict with SuSE-wxGTK-package) prevents wxWidgets-2.8 being
> correctly identified by at least the pgadmin3-1.6.3 configure;
> therefor I had to manually rename the corresponding files to
> make it work.
no you should not do this !
use
./configure \
	--with-wx-config=/usr/bin/wx-config-2.8
then the configure should detect the right headers and libs,
or check the output of wx-config-2.8 how to pass this in the configure for
pgadmin3 as CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
./configure --help should give you an idea. If I find the time I'll have a
look at the pgadmin3 configure and give you more detailed infos how to
compile with wxWidgets.

otherrwise wxWidgets and wxGtk cann't be installed at the same time. And I
have not the time to recompile all programs against the wxWidgets-2.8

> Last not least:
> Not sure whether you'd be the right person to ask but hopefully
> you'll at least know who to ask:
> I have successfully created src and bin packages for pgadmin3-1.6.3
> for openSUSE 10.2 (x86_64; but should work for i.86 as well).
> I'm happy to contribute them or at least describe what I had to
> do to make it work, namely libxml2 needs to be updated to the current
> cvs-version; the version that's shipped with 10.2 does not correclty
> compile pgadmin3-1.6.3. I'd be happy to provide (experimental) rpms
> for that as well.
libxml2 is a problem, because a lot of packages ar eusing this library. So we
have to be careful ...
But you can contact Marc Schiffbauer for a packman account. Help is always
welcome !

> Best wishes,
> Michael
have fun