[packman] Re: [PM] python-matplotlib (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Thu Apr 12 16:34:46 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 schrieb Jens:
> Hi Toni,
> it is me again :)
>
> I would suggest to compile the python-matplotlib with python-numeric
> instead of python-numpy. python-numeric is part of suse 10.2.
no, because numpy is the successor of python-numeric ...
and python-numpy is much better/faster ...
and I need python-numpy with python-matplotlib in this combination ...
and the sun is shining today ...

look here: http://numpy.scipy.org/
"...
Numeric was the first arrayobject built for Python.  It has been quite
successful and is used in a wide variety of settings and applications.
Maintenance has ceased for Numeric, and users should transisition to NumPy as
quickly as possible.   There is a module called numpy.oldnumeric.alter_code1
in NumPy that can make the transition to NumPy easier (it will automatically
perform the search-and-replace style changes that need to be made to python
code that uses Numeric to make it work with NumPy).
..."

> Greetings
> Jens
Toni