[packman] Re: [PM] faad2 2.5 (SuSE 10.0/i586)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Oct 22 16:45:54 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2006 04:56 schrieb Bruce/Denise Kaiser:

> Regarding the subject rpm found at the
>
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/faad2/11688
>
> site, under dependencies, the same rpm is noted. This is my first

That's not completely correct. The dependency is set from faad2-devel to
faad2 and from faad2-xmms-plugin. So if you want to install
faad2-xmms-plugin, you also have to install faad2.

> visit to the subject site and I would expect that under dependencies
> there would be other rpms to be installed prior. If I understand this

On the website there are only dependencies displayed to other packman
packages, when there is a dependency to a package which is part of the
SUSE DVD, it's not displayed on the website. The other thing is, when a
package is updated, all dependency entries to this package are lost.
In this case the dependency to faac got lost, after I've updated faac.

> wrong, please let me know before I start the installation of vlc
> media player.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.

Don't try to solve dependencies by hand, it's allways complicated. Let's
deligate the job to the tools YaST, apt or Smart.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/