[packman] [PM] JSkat 0.5 (SuSE 10.1/noarch)

Jan Schäfer j at nschaefer.net
Wed Nov 8 16:36:54 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm Jan Schäfer, the project admin of JSkat. I'm very glad that you have
choosen JSkat to be included in the packman repository. Unfortunately
some things are broken in the package you provide for Suse 10.1 (the one
I've tested so far):

When I try to install JSkat-0.5-0.pm.1.noarch.rpm there is a dependency
to log4j listed but no provider is available. I think this is not
needed, because in the file JSkat-0.5.jar all necessary files should be
included. I've seen that you have deleted the files related to log4j
from the original JSkat-0.5.jar. This also stands for the
Metouia-Look'n'feel that is copied as seperate Jar file. Is there any
reason why these things are seperated from the original Jar file?

JSkat is undergoing an extensive refactoring at the moment. That's why
the last release was back in November 2005. How can I inform you, when
the next version is ready?

Greetings and thanks again,

Jan Schäfer

--
PGP: 2814 0DC4 597A 1083 9AA4 6F76 0DD9 54E1 B706 0963