[packman] [PM] k3b 0.12.17 (SuSE 10.1/i586)

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at skynet.be
Tue Nov 7 12:27:48 CET 2006

Estevam Moreira wrote:
> K3b pkg of packman have mp3 support, but guru's pkg is "newer" (-4) and
> don't have mp3 support. Update packman frpm -3 to -4 (ou more) to make pkg
> with mp3 support the default pkg to download from smart.

I don't have a k3b package in the guru repository for 10.1.
See for yourself:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/packages/Multimedia/k3b/

You are most probably using the k3b package from the openSUSE Build
Service (in KDE:Backports) which, indeed, have no MP3 support because
of legal reasons.

They just bump up release numbers with every build, regardless of
what's in the Packman repository.

Maybe the k3b package with MP3 support should be rebuilt in Packman,
with the release number 100, to make sure it's always higher than the
release number of the crippled k3b package in the Build Service.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <pascal.bleser at skynet.be>       <guru at unixtech.be>