[packman] catch 22

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Tue Mar 21 00:08:32 CET 2006

Hello,

After a little disaster, I'm back to making PPC compile of Packman
packages for SUSE 10.0. All of my modified SPEC files are lost, due to
wrongly placed mkfs :-(

Last time I build everything with y2pmbuild.  Now I wanted to try the
one included in 10.1, but did not work any better, so I decided to
return to plain old rpmbuild.

As usual, I ran into a couple of troubles:

- no SRPM-s are included form imlib2: solved by using from 9.3

- a bit more interesting is a catch 22:

linux:/usr/src/packages/SPECS # rpmbuild -ba libxine1.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        libstk-devel is needed by libxine1-1.1.1-0.pm.2
        libstk is needed by libxine1-1.1.1-0.pm.2
linux:/usr/src/packages/SPECS # rpmbuild -ba libstk.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        libxine1-devel is needed by libstk-0.2cvs20051214-0.pm.0

I guess, libxine1 is included in libstk spec files just by error, but I
better ask...

You will see a lot more e-mails from me in the coming days ;-) Bye,
CzP