[packman] ffmpeg

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Feb 19 01:00:54 CET 2006

Am Samstag, 18. Februar 2006 21:41 schrieb Peter Czanik:

> First of all: sorry, I did not update PPC packages recently, as the
> partition containing my PPC related fixes got lost (accidentally
> formatted). I'll return to it, when we have a bit more calm period in
> SUSE beta testing (can't compile and test at the same time with just
> one machine...).
> And then a suggestion I got on a PPC site, to make WMV available on
> PPC: http://multimedia.cx/eggs/?p=129
> Could it be included, or is it already included in the Packman ffmpeg
> package? Bye,

It's not included until now. I'm not sure about the license of the vc1
codecs, if it is ok to include it or not. For my own I've tested the
howto on the named site, created a patch to included it into the rpm
and it seems to work (used the "old" cvs from last package, todays cvs
didn't compile here).
Any ideas about the license?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/