[packman] ProjectX rpm for openSuSE 10.2 error on commandline

Karsten Wakolbinger waki99 at web.de
Thu Dec 28 19:07:54 CET 2006

Hi,
I have successfully installed ProjectX with YaST from the repository. I can run it with the included shell script. However if I try to run it manually, via 'java -jar /usr/share/java/ProjectX.jar' it comes up with the error that 'commons-net' wasn't accessible. Although all files are correctly installed, I assume it has something to do with the classpath.

I also tried 'java -classpath "/usr/share/java/oro.jar:/usr/share/java/jakarta-commons-net.jar:/usr/share/java/ProjectX.jar" -jar /usr/share/java/ProjectX.jar' , but it seems not to recognize the option.

The output of the java is:

Java Environment
December 28, 2006    7:04:43 PM CET
java.version    1.5.0_08
java.vendor     Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.home       /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0_update8/jre
java.vm.version 1.5.0_08-b03
java.vm.vendor  Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.name    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.class.vers 49.0
java.class.path /usr/share/java/ProjectX.jar
os.name Linux
os.arch i386
os.version      2.6.18.2-34-default
ini.file        //X.ini
ext.disk.access disabled or library not found
user.language   en
user.name       root
user.home       /root

Which I think, tells me that it did not have the proper classpath, or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to use ProjectX from another tool, that calls that one automatically.

Best regards
waki