[packman] Re: [PM] gmerlin-avdecoder 0.1.5 (SuSE 10.1/x86_64)

oc2pus at arcor.de oc2pus at arcor.de
Tue Dec 12 16:31:18 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2006 15:28 schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> as the gmerlin author, I'm happy to see gmerlin packages
> in packman.
you're welcome :)

> I cannot test them (I have no Suse), but I saw, that some
> packages, especially gmerlin_avdecoder don't depend on all
> supported libraries.
>
> Most notably I miss mpeg2dec, liba52 and libdvdread. My question
> is, what's the reason:
>
> - Are they linked statically?
>
> - Does the webpage
> (http://packman.links2linux.de/package/gmerlin-avdecoder) simply omit some
> dependencies?
>
> - Or are they disabled and, if yes, what can be done to enable them?
The packman site list only the deps to other packman packages. And
unfortunately the script we're using is somekind buggy and don't create all
entries correctly. But as normal users install packages on a SuSE-system with
a packagemanager like apt, smart or YaST the needed packages will be
installed.

My gmerlin-package is "fullfeatured". Even the mjpegtools-1.9 is included.

> Cheers
> Burkhard
Toni