[packman] Re: [opensuse] packman for PPC

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Wed Sep 28 09:26:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

Manfred Tremmel wrote:

>Sorry, I've forgott to CC you, so once again:

volume mailing list? Ich spreche auch ein bisschen Deutsch :-)
Does this list have info, what is changing? For example I sow, that a
new xmms package came out this night.

>Hm, looks like my basic repository ;-)

At first I will provide only these, as these are the one, I could test
myself. I hade a few downloads now from ftp://spike.fa.gau.hu/pub/pmppc/
and had no complaints yet.

>If anybody could create the account, we are ready for take off.

OK. So, if I understand well, I'll have to upload packages to somewhere.

>Send the improfements to the packagers.

OK. The first will be a patch from Cristoph for vobcopy:
http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse/2005-Sep/1656.html

>My only PPC (a old PowerBook) doesn't work anymore, so I can't test,
>sorry. se I would build my packages for PPC like I've done for SUSE
>7.3.

Now, that I sent my e-mail to suse-ppc, there were some downloads
(without any feedback yet), so hopefully my packages work ;-)

>>BuildRequires:  libxine1
>>

>Hm, not necessary, when devel is inlcuded.

So, if a -devel package is included, I don't have to include the base
package explicitly?
Bye,
Peter