[packman] mjpegtools conflicts on SUSE Linux OSS 10.0

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Oct 18 21:28:38 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag 18 Oktober 2005 13:13 schrieb Andreas Simon:

> But it's not possible to install this package without loosing a lot
> of other multimedia apps and libs. Especially gstreamer-plugins-* is
> usually something you don't want to loose. Is that intended?

I do not use gstreamer, but thanks for information. I'll try to find a
solution for this problem next days.

> Another minor issue, according to
> http://packman.links2linux.de/?action=154 the packman version of
> mjpegtools contains mpeg-tools with support for Video-CDs with
> VideoDVD-Rip which the SUSE version doesn't. Wouldn't it be nice to
> mention this difference in the package description? Currently the
> package description of the packman and the SUSE version are identical
> with the exeption of a single comma.

Shouldn't this advice be added at the SUSE-Package. Providing a
unlimited package should be the usual way, I think.
Ok, when updating the package, I'll add something to the description.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/