[packman] Re: (fwd) packman hungarian mirror [Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu]

Ralf Corsepius ralf at links2linux.de
Wed Oct 27 12:17:54 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 12:02, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> * Waldemar Brodkorb schrieb am 27.10.04 um 11:41 Uhr:
> > ----- Forwarded message from Boldizsar Nagy <Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu> -----
> >
> > Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:13 +0200
> > From: Boldizsar Nagy <Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu>
> > To: waldemar at links2linux.de
> > Subject: packman hungarian mirror
> >
> > Hi!
>
> Hi!
>

> > We would like to set up an 7/24 Linux (SuSE, debian, fedora) mirror at our
> > university, and are also planning to popularize Linux within our students. We
> > made a poll about which distro would be used among students on desktop
> > machines. Our students voted for SuSE. I am using SuSE too and would like to
> > mirror packman to our local server (as an apt repository).
> >
> > My main questions are:
> > Can i mirror Your packages?
>
> Yes, if its for public as well then...
>
> > What about the License issues (is it country dependent)?
>
> I dont know anything about License issues in your country but I
> *think* there is no problem...
Agreed, I am also not aware of any.

However, there could be patent and/or trademark law issues with some of
the packages packman hosts in your country, but IANAL, nor am I familiar
with your country's laws.

I would recommend you to check all the packages on packman individually
against potential violations of your country's laws.

Ralf