[packman] Request for additional packages

Quentin Denis Quentin at links2linux.de
Tue Dec 21 17:48:58 CET 2004

Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 22:52 schrieb John Hillier:
> Re: SuSE Linux packaged RPM for 9.1 and 9.2
>
> Request for the following packages to be added to Packman SuSE Linux RPM
> site. Source code available for all software listed.
>
> - Mozilla Firefox
> - Mozilla Thunderbird
as Marcus already said, ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla

> - Azureus (P2P) http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
> - aMule (P2P) http://www.amule.org/
No, we won't build a package of the actual aMule version because it does not
support the suse wxGTK packages! It requires 2.4.x and is not compatible to
gtk2-linked wxgtk.

> - ClamAV
I just had that idea today but I there are already SuSE RPMs:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/clamav or
http://www.ispservices.com/clamav.html
> - OpenOffice
Yes, looked at it some days ago... Manfred did the last versions, so if he
still wants to maintain them you'll have to ask him. otherwise I could make
them, at least the releases1

> - Gimp http://www.gimp.org/
Guru did the last versions, I think in some days he'll update it!
http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/

> - KMPlayer http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/kmplayer.html
> - KPlayer http://kplayer.sourceforge.net/
> - Cinelerra HD http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3