[packman] packman future

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at luusa.org
Thu Jan 9 19:10:33 CET 2003

Hi,
Ralf Corsepius wrote,

> Hmm, why not - but I doubt all information can be extracted from rpms
> (eg. further packages at packman)?

We could use some special comments in the header of the spec-file,
(SuSE itself use such mechanism) every maintainer make some more
tags on every package:
#Packman-Depends: xine-lib xine-ui
#Packman-Info-de: asfsaf
#Packman-Info-en: adasf

The spec file is always the most important part of the
RPM build, maintainers would edit this file always.

> IMO, if yes, I vote for CVS. It's not more difficult to use than ftp ;)

Yeah ;) , And with SSH-Keys you didn't need to enter a password.
And updates are so waht smooth done ;) cvs update -pd is all you
need.

bye
  Waldemar
--
8485 D0CE 2743 656E 867C  5C93 0317 AFD8 BE21 BD90